To expand public awareness of social and environmental injustices, inspire independent thought, and produce media forms in collaboration with community members in order to create opportunity for positive collective action.
- Integrity Beyond Reproach. We will meet the highest ethical and professional standards in all of our organizational endeavors and, in doing so, we hold ourselves accountable to our mission and to the public.
- Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Media Action Network’s success depends on the active involvement of our community. We respect the opinions, needs, values and traditions of all communities and cultures, and we forge relationships based on mutual trust and understanding.
- Commitment to Diversity. We recognize that social understanding and change is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and cultures. We will recruit and mentor relationships from all walks to help formulate and obtain our goals.
- Education at Our Core. Media Action Network strives to foster social awareness, as well as a sense of solidarity and care with all who struggle for justice. We strive to disseminate understanding and knowledge though our projects and to accept responsibility as a leader in educational endeavors which advocate social and structural change.
MAN constantly works to promote the following goals:
- Inform the public on societal injustices occurring in the American and global community.
- Encourage public participation to fight against oppressive systems.
- Develop programs that promote equal opportunity and voice to all.
- Produce media tools to assist small budget nonprofit organizations spread their missions.
Accountability and Transparency
Click the titles below to view the specified document.